Author Topic: General Membership Meeting Wednesday July 12th, 2017  (Read 341 times)

Administrator

  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
General Membership Meeting Wednesday July 12th, 2017
« on: July 07, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
CENTRAL VALLEY CHAPTER-ABPA

MEETING - WEDNESDAY, JULY 12th, 2017

                DENNY’S RESTAURANT
1110 E. SHAW AVE., FRESNO
N.SIDE OF SHAW, EAST OF FIRST ST.
Same Location as May Meeting

WE WILL MEET IN THE BACK PORTION OF THE RESTAURANT – Walk straight through from Cashier Station.
   
   6: 30 pm  SHARP!

EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO BRING A GUEST. HAVE SOME PIE AND COFFEE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO EAT

WE WILL HAVE OUR USUAL INFORMATIVE AND INFORMAL DISCUSSIONS, AND CONDUCT CHAPTER BUSINESS.

THIS FUNCTION WILL BE A “DUTCH TREAT” DINNER MEETING. YOU NEED TO BE HERE. SOME VERY IMPORTANT TOPICS WILL BE DISCUSSED. WE NEED       EVERYONES INPUT AND COMMENTS!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE- WWW.CVC-ABPA.ORG

See You There !!!!




PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES

CENTRAL VALLEY CHAPTER-ABPA BOARD MEETING MINUTES, MAY, 10, 2017
DENNY’S RESTAURANT, 1110 E. SHAW AVE., FRESNO, CA.

Board meeting called to order at 6:41 p.m. by President Mike McKeever.

Present
Officers-                   Mike McKeever, Danny Martin, Drek Beardsley, Terry Schneider
           Directors-                 Michael Govero Cox, Joel Fedor

           Absent
           Directors-                 Tom Ayers, Michael Guy 

           Guests-                    Amanda Kaprelian, Doran Clark, Keith Strong, Peter Portnoff

   President McKeever welcomed everyone and requested all present to introduce themselves.

Minutes- By Terry Schneider
The minutes from the March 8, 2017 Board meeting were distributed. A motion was made by Danny Martin to approve the March 8, 2017 Board meeting minutes. It was seconded by Michael Cox and the motion was approved by the Board.

Treasurer’s Report- By Drek Beardsley
The Treasurer’s Report of May 10, 2017 was distributed. A motion was made by Joel Fedor to approve the May 10, 2017 financial report. It was seconded by Peter Portnoff and the motion was approved by the Board.

Old Business
Backflow Seminar- A two day seminar on Friday, June 2nd and Saturday June 3rd was set up at the Madera Fairgrounds by Mike McKeever. The Board had discussed having a one day exhibition vs. a two day event at the March 8th meeting. It was approved at that meeting to go with a two day show. A flyer was prepared and printed and was to be distributed to local plumbers, water purveyors and our members. Some of those flyers were handed out to those present to distribute. Terry will send to Chapter Members. Mike has contacted some vendors and manufacturers to show their wares. There were some heated exchanges between several members and the President related to forming a committee, timing of the event, help from members and approval of the Board on several seminar related issues. At this point, Vice President Danny Martin resigned his position and left the meeting. Terry will set up our Chapter booth and man it on Friday. He will have cutaway and clear assemblies, ABPA brochures for certification and our Chapter Banner displayed.

Goals- President Mckeever stated we need to put ourselves out there for the public to see and for us to educate them. Need to have more ways to educate about backflow problems and issues. Keith Strong stated that our Chapter has been lax in providing this service. Everyone agreed with those statements, except that the Board and members should have a say in how those goals are achieved.         

1.

Old Business Continued
Test Sites- Mike McKeever has had a new test site in Kingsburg approved by the AWWA Certification Administrator. He would like to have more, like Turlock, Hanford and maybe Tulare.

Chapter Trailer Repair- Mike asked if the trailer wiring had been repaired. Joel Fedor said that it appeared that the wiring problem had been corrected. No problem hooking up and towing

IRS Debaucle- Mike talked to National President, Tim Brown at the National Conference in San Antonio regarding our problem with IRS recognition. National has made policy changes that will probably not help us in our on-going effort to get the IRS to recognize us as a viable National Chapter. Mike stated he would talk to an attorney to see how to proceed.

National Conference in San Antonio, Texas- Both Terry Schneider and President McKeever attended. Mike stated that the presentations were very good. Terry coordinated the Silent Auction which raised more than $3,500.00 for the Education Committee. There appeared to be a good turnout of attendee’s.


New Business
Classes- Mike has arranged to have a 5 day Tester short course at the Kingsburg site on May 22 to the 25th. Only AWWA certification will be available. ABPA would not approve based on the short notice.

Contact Hour Certificates- Joel Fedor has agreed to take over the preparation of course contact hour certificates. David Weisser has been providing that service for years and time constraints at work has limited his availability to help with this. Michael Govero Cox offered to send Joel a template for preparation of certificates that he could use.
   
                     Two Day Seminar-Proceeding with the two day Backflow Seminar and Exhibition in Madera.

   New Members-In the future we need to touch bases with previous members who no longer are Chapter Members. Terry has several lists of previous members that he could send a recruitment letter to.

   Next Meeting- July 12, 2017 at Denny’s Restaurant, 1110 E. Shaw Ave., Fresno. 6:30 p.m.


There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 p.m.



Respectfully submitted,


                Terry Schneider, Chapter Secretary                 
2.